Monday 5 December 2011

Day 5 - Candy Cane Cupcakes



Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts. Janice Maeditere


The temperature has dipped and some of us are already seeing ice and snow, signs that Christmas is near; so are you in the festive mood yet? As I said in an earlier post, Christmas to me is only about food and family. It's great to have a festival that celebrates good will, love and peace to all and if there's one thing that we can never have enough of, it's love!



Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas. Peg Bracken

My issue with Christmas is when people get themselves into a panic and debt for one day. I'm not sure what the mindset is behind that, even with pressure from children for expensive gifts. Children are little people and understand when we tell them what the deal is. My suspicion is that we do more than we can comfortably afford out of a sense of insecurity, that somehow the value of the gift is a reflection of how we feel or our worth as parents/friends etc.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE giving and receiving gifts but it's much better to put the emphasis on the sentiment than the 'thing'. I for one am rarely satisfied for long, once I have one thing, I want something else!


Remember this December, that love weighs more than gold! Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon

So why not give some home-made gifts this year? Candy Cane Cupcakes are the flavour of Day 5, vanilla cupcakes and peppermint buttercream icing, topped with a mini candy cane for good measure. I love the red and white colour on these cuties, it is perfectly festive.


Have a good week!

Peace & Love

xx


ps special thanks to Sassy for being my hand model :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...